Sunday, March 10, 2013

zanzibar photos

ferry from dar to zanzibar


pringles - a staple


approaching zanzibar



dinner the first night - lobster!


the outdoor seafood market - foradahni gardens


lots to pick from


zanzibar boats 



classic architecture of the island


inside a cathedral designed by the same architect of Notre Dame



narrow alleys


2nd night - beachside to enjoy the soccer players


the lobster that later attacked my body


I loved this building.


... and SICK. drinking oral rehydration salts


matemwe beach - very relaxed and many locals


one of my favorite shots


these women have INCREDIBLE balance
that is probably a sack full of potatoes


our little spot in matemwe


beautiful dows


cows getting a (salty) indian ocean drink


cute little boys



refreshing pool


rob prefers to be upside-down


before I could blink a monkey hopped on me - wanted my hair flower


my new little friend


the jumbo prawns that later got Rob - big time


last shot in matemwe, before rob 'fell ill'


now in nungwi, Rob sick as a dog


Dr. Humberto to the rescue! IM metoclopromide for the nausea and vomitting


valentine's day beach walk


natural lagoon aquarium to raise and release turtles


after we both got sick from seafood, hamburgers for every meal! 


valentine's day dinner


verrry soft, white sand


little star fish


some of the only yoga I did in Africa :)


happy in nungwi


last night in africa...


zanzibar sunset




No comments:

Post a Comment